Full Membership Criteria
Current basic criteria for membership in the EHSRC require that investigators be established researchers with a substantial funding and publication history related to environmental health sciences and the Center’s goals.
Criteria for Full Membership include the following:
- Be a faculty member of the U.I. or ISU
- Have a research or community engagement focus consistent with that of the EHSRC and programmatically suited to one or more of the Center’s Thematic Areas
- Have a commitment to interdisciplinary research and training in environmental health
- Have a strong research portfolio, operationally defined as:
- An established research program supported from major extramural grants and contracts AND
- A substantial record of scholarly productivity OR
- For community engagement-focused Center members, have a primary focus and record of accomplishment in community engagement consistent with Center goals.
Associate Membership Criteria
The EHSRC has an Associate Membership status offered to early-stage investigators with faculty appointments at U.I. or ISU whose area of research is relevant to the goals of the EHSRC. This membership category arose from the recognition that many junior investigators could benefit from an official association with the Center and that the Center could in turn benefit by collaborating with these promising young researchers whose work is timely, novel, and has the potential to further the research milieu of the EHSRC.
Criteria for Associate Membership include the following:
- Rank of Assistant Professor or the equivalent
- Evidence of research interest in the environmental health sciences as applicable to the EHSRC focus
- Potential for enhancing the research of the EHSRC
Contact Nancy Wyland if you would like to become a member.