Center Affiliation and Expertise: Associate Member, Inflammation and Innate Immunity
Dr. Gerke’s current research is directed at evaluating the role of vitamin D on lung immunity and host defense. Her clinical interests focus on sarcoidosis and interstitial lung disease.
- Gerke AK, Tang F, Yang M, Foster ED, Cavanaugh JE, Polgreen PM. Predicting chronic obstructive pulmonary disease hospitalizations based on concurrent influenza activity. COPD. 2013 Oct;10(5):573-80.
- Mikulski MA, Gerke AK, Lourens S, Czeczok T, Sprince NL, Laney AS, Fuortes LJ. Agreement between fixed-ratio and lower limit of normal spirometry interpretation protocols decreases with age: is there a need for a new GOLD standard? J Occup Environ Med. 2013 Jul;55(7):802-8.
- Foster ED, Cavanaugh JE, Haynes WG, Yang M, Gerke AK, Tang F, Polgreen PM. Acute myocardial infarctions, strokes and influenza: seasonal and pandemic effects. Epidemiol Infect. 2013 Apr;141(4):735-44.
- Hansdottir, S, Monick M, Lovan N, Powers L, Gerke AK, Hunninghake, GW. Vitamin D Decreases RSV Induction of NF-?B-linked Chemokines and Cytokines in Airway Epithelium While Maintaining the Antiviral State. Journal of Immunology. 184: 965-974, 2010.
- Monick M, Powers L, Walters K, Lovan N, Zhang M, Gerke AK, Hansdottir S, Hunninghake GW. Identification of an Autophagy Defect in Smokers’ Alveolar Macrophages. J Immunol. 2010 Nov 1;185(9):5425-35. NIHMS243655.